Sunday, 18 December 2016

Baked Oysters

Trying to enthuse about oysters, I decided to try baking them in the oven. First I prepared the oysters by detaching them from the shell, then leaving them in their shell they were laid in a baking tray.

Baked Oysters 1

I then pan fried some garlic, onions and breadcrumbs in some butter then added some mixed herbs, salt and pepper. Pop a spoonful of the mixture over the oysters and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. They were nice, but would I buy oysters, probably not. Glad we’ve tried them though.

Baked Oysters 2

7 comments:

  1. Do not mean to be rude, but you have upset me. By cooking oysters. I love them au natural. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have them au natural on Friday but I fancied trying them a different way. Don't worry though we can get you some on your visit, there's loads here :) x

      Delete
  2. Yes please me too, Love them either way xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, we'll get some when you're here to x

      Delete
  3. Love oysters but they have to be freshly opened and uncooked :-) Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate that so many people love them like that, but I just can't see the appeal.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments.