Wednesday, 16 November 2016

Not sure it was worth It

From this basket full -

Beans

I got these -

Shelled Beans

I’d picked a big basket full of beans hoping to get loads of big fat Shellies (I’ve read that’s what they’re called ), but they were tiny and not sure it was worth the 2 hours work. But at least I’ve got enough to throw into a Minestrone soup. Perhaps I needed to leave the beans a bit longer to get even fatter for plumper bigger beans. I’ve left 1 plant in the garden to let the beans get big, so we’ll see what happens in a few weeks time.

6 comments:

  1. I agree that does not look much for 2 hours work! Can't you eat the whole bean? Hope you have a good week Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These beans were ones that had been on the plant for 4 weeks while in England. They were tough and fibrous, so decided to shell them instead.

      Delete
  2. Fiddly work Kez! Hope the soup tastes good x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soup was delicious. Love Ministrone as you can threw anything in.

      Delete
  3. Have you thought of making a pate from the beans, it might go a bit further. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I shell the remaining plant, I'll see how many I have, then I can decide what to do with them :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments.