Sunday, 20 November 2016

Bread

I really didn’t think that yeast would go off, but after making a few bricks, I realised it does!! So into the bin the old yeast went and new sachets were purchased. It’s so much more satisfying seeing it rise, than see a disappointing hard lump in the bottom of a mixing bowl doing nothing. What a difference a new sachet makes. Here’s my bread after it’s second prove with and without its greenhouse, then after, fresh out of the oven.

Bread 1 Bread 2

I use this basic recipe http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2060/easy-white-bread but for this loaf I swapped 150g of the white bread flour for some wholemeal. Some recipes suggest covering your loaf with a bag or cling film while it’s proving, but I use a shower cap (the type you get in hotel rooms) which are perfect for this. They sit snuggly round the bowl to give the bread it’s own little greenhouse.

Bread 3

10 comments:

  1. Have just seen your bread, while in bed with a cup of tea. I would like a very large slice for my breakfast. If Roger has not eaten it all. yummy. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, but for afternnon tea, with butter & marmite nom nom xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds perfect or with a dollop of homemade jam.

      Delete
  3. That looks mouthwateringly good. Have a good week Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good, just love the smell wafting around the kitchen.

      Delete
  4. I can imagine the smell of the loaf cooking ... mmmmm x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely, love that fresh yeasty smell.

      Delete
  5. Looks fab! The loaf you made when we were over was fantastic. Keep baking! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have another 2 loaves proving as I type plus a few rolls :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments.