Tuesday, 9 August 2016

I turned my back for a Moment…

…and this is what I picked three days on the trot, but I’d left them far to long and they were growing into marrow sized courgettes. I must pick them when they are much smaller. Even with a lot less plants than last year, I’m struggling to keep up with them, so I’ve been grating, slicing and dicing, popping them into bags ready to use for soups, pasta sauces and anything I can throw a courgette into.

Courgettes
Courgettes 4
Courgettes 2
Courgettes 3

6 comments:

  1. LOL I know the feeling oh so well. Diane xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just been up to the veg patch and pulled a squash plant out, as we have loads of those too. But I've not grown them before, so I'm looking forward to using them in the autumn.

      Delete
  2. Have you tried chocolate Corgette cake. Absolutely Devine. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's on my list to make. Made cheese and courgette scones on Sunday, they were delicious too x

      Delete
  3. Courgettes are a great all round vegetable, but my goodness they do romp away with themselves, don't they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do indeed and I've just picked another basket full. Thank goodness for cookery books and the internet for ideas on what we can do with them x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments.