Tuesday, 12 July 2016

At Least we have Raspberries

And by the bucket load. After our blight problem and loosing our tomatoes its been lovely to pick over 20 kilos of juicy raspberries with more still to come. Most have gone in the freezer but I’ve made raspberry jam, twice, as my brother-in-law Graham couldn't get enough of it and raspberry jelly. There’s some redcurrant jelly too, made with the fruit from our neighbour, Veronique's garden. All delicious on top of crusty bread, on a scone or with cheese. Thanks to my sister Natalie for the photo of Veronique and myself redcurrant picking.

Raspberries
Jam
Me and Vero

6 comments:

  1. 20kg is a lot of raspberries! However, raspberry jam is second only to damson in my book.
    Lovely photograph. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gaynor. Its been our best year for them and I'm just about to pick some more. I think we are over 25 kilos now. Thank goodness we like them :)

      Delete
  2. Great pic of you & Veronique :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have only a couple of bushes but still have plenty of raspberries. Nigel eats most as they disagree with me but he does make coulis for me (no pips) so I enjoy it on ice cream :-) Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make raspberry jelly, delicious on toast and great with cheese too x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments.