Tuesday, 24 May 2016

We’ve been in the Wars ….

…….over the past couple of days, all self inflicted. Firstly me :-

Kerry

I managed to get crap in my eye while sanding down another beam and yes, I know, I should have been wearing a mask. But I made it worse by rubbing my eye over and over, so it got sorer and sorer and no amount of bathing it was going to remove the boulder that was under my eyelid. We were visiting friends that evening and it wasn’t easy trying to see them through a weeping, swollen eye. Sue came to my rescue with a saline wash and after a nights sleep the pain had gone away, just some puffiness left. Note to self, wear a mask next time. Today I managed to whack myself in the lip, which is now swollen, with a lamp. Don’t ask.

Now Roger :-

Roger

Helping out with some pruning, he managed to slice his finger with the secateurs instead of cutting the wisteria! The garden was awash with expletives and luckily I had my camera handy, so I managed to get this photo before the plaster went on. He’ll do anything to get out of the washing up.

12 comments:

  1. What a pair you are! Perhaps stay in bed tomorrow, to be on the safe side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No chance of that, Rogers off to help a friend with his pool pump and I'm gardening, planting more carrots, leeks and rocket x

      Delete
  2. Glad the damage to yourselves was not worse. As GaynorB said.....perhaps to stay in bed for the day! I cut my hand when sharpening my scythe yesterday. Perhaps I also should stay in bed? (oh, yes please!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nasty, hope its healing nicely. I wish I could lie-in at least, but I'm always awake early. x

      Delete
  3. If this is self sufficiency, then I will keep going as I am. Only joking. Sorry to here of your injuries. Love the photo,s looks just like you both. Lots of love. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I managed to capture perfect likenesses :) x

      Delete
  4. Ah bless, you poor things sending big Nattie hugs xxxx Hope you are both restored to your lovely selves soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling much better but Rogers finger is still throbbing. I'm sure it will be fully functional soon x

      Delete
  5. Someone has sent you a scam comment I see - maybe that is the third problem and all will be better now. Sorry about both eye and finger though. Take care Diane xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the odd scam comment every now and then but they are quick to delete. I count my 2 and Rogers 1 so thats 3 altogether. We don't want anymore x

      Delete
  6. Oh dear - I think you need someone to advise on health & safety! Glad you're now on the mend :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youre right, we both need to be supervised more closely :) x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments.