Tuesday, 29 March 2016

Using Up - Plum Sorbet

Spoke too soon, I have Rogers cough and sniffles. I can cope with the runny nose but the cough is so flippin annoying. The constant hacking is driving me crazy and irritating for Roger too, even though he doesn’t complain as he’s knows how it feels. Also, we’re not getting much sleep but hopefully it will clear soon as there’s loads that need to be done. We had hoped to visit a flower show at Pamproux on Easter Monday, but didn’t fancy being outside in the wind and rain, never mind there will be others. Anyway, that’s enough of me feeling sorry for myself. Here’s another recipe using up some of our plum mountain that I made a few weeks ago  – plum sorbet. Easy to make, the colour is amazing and tastes delicious. Weirdly it has a creamy texture even though there’s no cream in it. I also made a fig version, the colour not so appealing, but tasty all the same.

Sorbet 1

Mixing the ingredients of which there aren’t many.

Sorbet 2

The sorbet before popping in the freezer, what a colour.

Sorbet 3

Delicious icy sorbet.

Fig Sorbet

The fig sorbet before freezing.

Ingredients Method
700g Plums
150g Sugar
3 Tbsp honey
2 Tsp lemon juice
Put all the ingredients into a bowl, mix and leave for 30 mins.

Pop into a liquidizer and blend until smooth, leave to chill in the fridge for an hour.

Pour into a freezer proof dish and freeze until set, stirring every 30 mins. Simple.

4 comments:

  1. I have a couple of pots of plum sorbet in the freezer from last year. Now it is too cold to eat it!!! Never mind it will soon be warm enough to enjoy it I hope. Get better quickly, coughing as well I know is pain for everyone! Diane xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane. Since I posted this today, I haven't coughed as much so hoping for a good nights sleep. This is definitely for the summer but was good on my sore throat yesterday x

      Delete
  2. I've a cold as well! Ah well, gives me an excuse to put my feel up without feeling guilty that I should be doing something! Good idea for the sorbet. Will have a go next time we have a fruit harvest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have sympathy for you Vera, I can't bare being under the weather. Hope you feel better soon. I'm going to try the sorbet with different fruits this year x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments.