Before we went skiing a wall needed to be put up between our bedroom and bed 3 before the existing wall can come down, but as normal it didn’t quite end there. Our beams upstairs had been varnished over the years a very dark colour, so after seeing some friends beams and how they had been lightened up, Roger had the urge to rub them down. Out came the drill and the sander, more dust filled the air but what a revelation. We think the wood is beautiful chestnut and rubbing them down had brought out the colour, knots, cracks and even some wooden pegs that I didn’t know were there. Again the urge to do a bit more revealing overtook Roger, but this time around the window. The surrounding stones and the wall had been covered with paint, plaster and cement, which seemed to fall away quite nicely after it was hit with a bolster and hammer We are going to stop there in this room and move onto ours once the new wall has gone up, so we will finish this room at a later date.