Here is where we got to before we went to the UK – walls painted, new sockets in, plumbing ready for the dishwasher, gas pipe moved for the cooker, ceiling and light washed, trim put back up around the ceiling, wood oven sold and wood burner bought. The floors need a good scrub, then I can move the bookcase and larder back in. We had a loose tile and on taking it up, we found a hole in the floor, which has now been filled with cement and just needs relaying and grouting. We had a bit of Christmas light syndrome, where you take them down working and by next Christmas they don’t work!! This phenomenon happened with the dishwasher, it left England working and then a year later we plumbed it in and it didn’t, it just went round and round in circles filling up and emptying. After a day and a half of problem solving, we narrowed it down to a faulty flow sensor. A new one was bought and fitted and it now works fine except for a strange clonking noise, something else to diagnose. The kitchen is on hold temporarily as the garden needs some attention after a week away, plus there’s over 30 large courgettes and buckets of tomatoes to freeze and the barn roof repairs have started.
|It’s a long way up and look at the dust on that light.|
|Walls painted and ready for the wood burner.|
|Hole in the floor.|
|New sockets and cream walls.|
|The courgette mountain to deal with.|