Thursday, 7 May 2015

Sewing Pains

Anyone that knows me well, knows I dislike sewing with a passion, but the hall curtains needed taking up and I’d had my friends sewing machine for long enough. It was time to get the job done and return it to her. The miserable wet and windy weather over the weekend had driven me indoors, so it was time to tackle the deed. An easy, quick and enjoyable job for some but a dreaded one for me. So I took a deep breath, got the pins and scissors out and with each curtain measuring 90" x 108", there was a lot of material to deal with. After I’d cut the first curtain, the air was blue as I realised I hadn’t measured the hem properly. Thankfully I hadn’t cut it too short, but there was lots of faffing trying to get it right. The second went far more smoothly. Confidence restored, I decided to make tie-backs with the waste material. I look very serious in the middle photo, but some things take all of a girls concentration. Glad they are finished and the hall looks lovely and cosy now. Just need some new tiles to finish it off.

Sewing Pains 1
Sewing Pains 2
SONY DSC

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Gaynor, curtains really make a difference to a room x

      Delete
  2. They look good despite the blue air LOL. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And will hopefully keep the hall toastier in the winter x

      Delete
  3. Well worth the stress as they look fab - especially with the new cooker out of the way! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly the cooker has only been moved from one side of the hall to the other. Kitchen still hasn't arrived yet xx

      Delete
  4. For someone who hates sewing, you have done a grand job. They look lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum. Glad they're done and the machine has been returned to its rightful owner.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments.