Anyone that knows me well, knows I dislike sewing with a passion, but the hall curtains needed taking up and I’d had my friends sewing machine for long enough. It was time to get the job done and return it to her. The miserable wet and windy weather over the weekend had driven me indoors, so it was time to tackle the deed. An easy, quick and enjoyable job for some but a dreaded one for me. So I took a deep breath, got the pins and scissors out and with each curtain measuring 90" x 108", there was a lot of material to deal with. After I’d cut the first curtain, the air was blue as I realised I hadn’t measured the hem properly. Thankfully I hadn’t cut it too short, but there was lots of faffing trying to get it right. The second went far more smoothly. Confidence restored, I decided to make tie-backs with the waste material. I look very serious in the middle photo, but some things take all of a girls concentration. Glad they are finished and the hall looks lovely and cosy now. Just need some new tiles to finish it off.