Monday, 20 April 2015

Lunch at Cheval Blanc – Luxé

We tried a new restaurant on Friday with our friends, Diane and Nigel. They had been to Cheval Blanc before and highly recommended we give it a try. Located in Luxé, opposite the train station, the restaurant was furnished with lovely old furniture and fresh flowers on every table. We all chose the Menu du Jour which was made up of 5 courses including wine for 21€. Soup, starter, main course, cheese and dessert plus amuse bouche tickled our taste buds. Then with coffee and tea, some delicious petit fours. The food overall was delicious. The main course wasn’t to my taste but with a set menu you never know what you’re going to get. Everyone agreed though, that the Cheval Blanc will be on our list to visit again. I’ve taken photos of some of the courses for you to enjoy.

SONY DSC
Cheval Blanc 2
Cheval Blanc 3
Cheval Blanc 4
Cheval Blanc 5

8 comments:

  1. Looks delicious and very good value. What was the main course?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The main course was squid done in an oriental style sauce with Chinese vegetables, served with potato and a stuffed tomato. It didn't work for me, I thought it had an odd smell. The others loved it, so it was probably something odd with my nose :) x

      Delete
  2. Great photos Kerry. I think squid you either like or don't like, as you know Nigel was happy to help you out:) Have a good day Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely that Nigel wanted to polish off the plate, it looked like I'd eaten it all :) x

      Delete
  3. What a lovely place. Food looks fab :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice, the waiters were great and the food was beautifully presented. Definitely recommended x

      Delete
  4. Hi Big sis, I would of eaten the squid love my seafood, looks like a lovely place for us to go. Yum Yum scrummy in my tummy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could have had my plateful Nattie xx

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments.