Monday, 5 January 2015
Dust and Dirt
Just before Christmas I had an urge to sand the stairs. As if we didn’t have enough dust making jobs. They were stained dark brown and as the hall is a bit dark, I felt they needed lightening up. Very pleased with the result even though I managed to break the sander. Thankfully we had a spare, lots of sandpaper and elbow grease. You can really see the lovely grain on the wood now. We have one tread to replace as it was rotten. Here’s a before and after. Plus as you can see, I know how to wear my dust mask correctly :)
Into the New Year and work continues on the hall and lounge. Roger had completed the wiring for the wall lights and plugs before Christmas, but now the mud had to be removed between the stones to a depth of 1inch ready for the pointing. Another mucky job, but the lounge is done and we’ve nearly finished the hall. Just one wall to do in the hall that needs keying for the rendering.