Monday, 10 November 2014

Severe Haircut

We had a beautiful walnut tree that needed a bit of a haircut, but we weren't expecting this much. Unfortunately all the branches had to come off because the tree was stressed and rotten on places. To say I wasn't happy is an understatement. I’m no expert, but I still don’t think it needed to be as severe as this!! I have been promised by the tree surgeon with 20 years experience that it will grow back, we will see. We had decided to do all the wood clearing ourselves without realising the amount of time it would take. We’ve been clearing and chopping since Wednesday afternoon with Sunday off for good behaviour, but hope to finish it by Tuesday. On the plus side we have enough wood for a couple of years. I’ve posted a before and after photo so you can the difference plus some photos as we’ve cleared up.

Walnut
After
Walnut 2
 Walnut 3
Walnut 4
Walnut 5

6 comments:

  1. WOW! That really is a haircut. I think it is what they would call a number 1!!

    Well done for sorting the off cuts. At least it won't need cutting again in six weeks time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not even a Number 1 Gaynor, more like a 0 - totally bald more like!! x

      Delete
  2. OMG I don't think I've seen a tree 'pruned' that severely! I hope it grows back, as promised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor me, I hope it grows back too. It was too big but this is far too small x

      Delete
  3. Wow, wow, wow, I hope he knows what he is talking about; sure he does. It does look a bit stark at present!! As you say masses of fire wood. We will be watching its progress next year. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow was not the word I used, in fact it was less than ladylike. I hope it grows too. I'll take a photo next year with any progress x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments.